Friday, December 26, 2008

December 2008

All the recent cold weather and time off from work let me knit and crochet some more cozies. Tonight we hit Marietta for the first time. We left a cozy on the Mound Cemetery fence and by the Unitarian Church gate. I also left my first door knob cozy at the Black Sheep shop on Front Street. Two ladies who were headed to the brewery saw us and gave us a not so friendly look. I should have taken it as a sign to call it a night. But instead I headed to Pburg. Cozied the handrail at the Wood County library. Safe. My favorite one way sign at the city park was safe too. Then headed to the bowling alley. Thwarted. Next we headed downtown to leave an antenna cozy. A guy who we'd seen walking earlier came behind the building between the cars. It was CLOSE! Went back to the bowling alley and tried again. Someone walking down the street speeded up, crossed the street, and passed within touching distance. TOO close! I have that and another piece plus a male crocheter is working on a granny square he wants me to hang for him. So maybe I'll strike again soon!

1 comment:

Blacksheep said...

what a delightful surprise to come in this morning and find I had been cozied. We are so much alike. I am the one that paints the boarded up windows and storefronts. Trust me that I will pass on the goodness. Keep up the good work. hugs from the Sheep